FRIENDS OF THE
Built by Budd in 1958 for the NP's North Coast Limited, this car continued in this service, through the BN merger, up until the creation of Amtrak.  In their effort to cut costs, the North Coast Limited was combined with the Milwaukee's Hiawatha to become the "North Coast Hiawatha". With this combining of trains came an excess of cars, so BN retained this car for future use. Finally in 1982 this car was pulled from storage and rebuilt for the Business car fleet.
Do not confuse this car with the former GN diner "Lake Superior".
|Car No||Color||Date changed||Location||Formerly||Now|
|BNA 26||grn/wht||08/31/85||Kansas City||NP-459||Lake Superior|
|BNA 26||blk/crm||/ /||Lake Superior|
|BNA 26||blk/crm||07/01/93||Lake Superior|
Click here for a diagram page of this car
back to BN Business cars main page |
back to BN Passenger cars main page